Results, May 5th
- Mean WPM this time: 38.69
- Mean WPM test 3 weeks: 38.34
- Mean WPM test 2 weeks: 34.67
- Mean WPM test 1 week: 36.77
- Mean WPM first test: 32.27 (only did one test run)
- Mean Accuracy this time: 92.88%
- Mean Accuracy test 3 weeks: 93.35
- Mean Accuracy test 2 weeks: 91.69%
- Mean Accuracy test 1 week: 94.65%
- Mean Accuracy first test: 93.83% (only did one test run)
I have improved on capital letters and symbols. I do not have to look at the keyboard to find them.
I do get stressed out during the test runs when I make a mistake and it takes me a significant amount of time to fix it.
I will continue with primarily typingclub.com during next week. It has the most parts of actual writing (eg capital letters, symbols, and full text). Also I like using it.
Focus will continue to be accuracy.
Training Plan & Tools
No change. I still roughly do three sessions per day. I try to do a minimum of 30′ of typing training per day.
I have been using the following tools since the last test:
- typingclub.com (Speed and accuracy – so far no capital letters but includes symbols.)
Do you have any criticism of my approach? Do you know a better way for me to reach this goal of mine? If you do, I would appreciate it if you let me know by posting it in the comments.
Previous Posts on Typing Goal
Goal: Learn to type faster with high accuracy (2020-04-07)
Goal: Typing Goal Update – 1 Week In (2020-04-14)
Goal: Typing Goal Update – 2 Weeks In (2020-04-21)
Goal: Typing Goal Update – 3 Weeks In (2020-04-28)