Results, April 28th
- Mean WPM this time: 38.34
- Mean WPM test 2 weeks: 34.67
- Mean WPM test 1 week: 36.77
- Mean WPM first test: 32.27 (only did one test run)
- Mean Accuracy this time: 93.35%
- Mean Accuracy test 2 weeks: 91.69%
- Mean Accuracy test 1 week: 94.65%
- Mean Accuracy first test: 93.83% (only did one test run)
I seem to have hit a plateau.
My biggest problems during the typing test are capital letters and symbols. I will utilise the tools that use capital letters and symbols in my training more in the coming week, to see if that helps me improve.
I am not honest with myself regarding accuracy being the focus. I usually try to go faster instead of being more accurate. That might be a reason to why my accuracy is not improving at all.
I will put more effort into being more accurate when I type train this coming week.
Training Plan & Tools
I still roughly do three sessions per day. I try to do a minimum of 30′ of typing training per day.
I have been using the following tools since the last test:
- zty.pe (Speed over accuracy – no capital letters or symbols – game.)
- typeracer.com (Speed and accuracy – includes capital letters and symbols – compete w/ other ppl.)
- typingclub.com (Speed and accuracy – so far no capital letters but includes symbols.)
- KeyKey (Speed and accuracy – no capital letters or symbols (might have these if you have a US keyboard).)
Do you have any criticism of my approach? Do you know a better way for me to reach this goal of mine? If you do, I would appreciate it if you let me know by posting it in the comments.